Prepared to Lose Your Glasses? 10 suggestions for choosing a LASIK or Laser Vision Correction CenterThe world of ophthalmology is among the fastest developing fields of medication. Never before have a lot of scientific breakthroughs and new techniques emerged in such a brief amount of time. LASIK surgery, which uses an excimer laser to improve the cornea, offers countless people the opportunity to decrease or remove their need for contacts or glasses .
Tv and radio advertisements are filled with fantastic stories about LASIK surgical treatment as the fast and painless method to correct vision, but stories are also appearing about people for whom it was less than successful. Before you opt to go under the beam, exactly what can you do to assist ensure that you will enjoy with your results?
The crucial to safe surgical treatment in any field of medicine is an informed patient. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are considering for laser eye surgical treatment. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction surgeons in a nationwide survey by Ophthalmology Times, provides the following guidelines to quality care and treatment.
1. Find a medical professional by getting referrals from other physicians or from patients who have had LASIK or laser vision correction.
Do not be tricked by expensive ads about a particular laser. Pick the physician, not the laser.
3. Pick a doctor who has actually done a minimum of 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgeries. What a medical professional doesn't know can injure you.
Ask for information on your medical professional's LASIK eye surgery complication rates. If your physician won't inform you, find another one.
Ask exactly what steps are taken to prevent infection. Firmly insist that your eye is thoroughly sanitized, and firmly insist that the surgical instruments be disinfected before your eye laser surgery to eliminate the danger of transmission of HIV or liver disease.
6. Be careful of ads pushing "low cost" LASIK surgery. Discount surgical treatment is as good as a discount rate parachute. The possible cost savings are unworthy the risk of getting less than professional care!
7. Expect to see extremely well after LASIK, however do not Home Page expect to see perfectly. Each client gets a somewhat different result. The finest cosmetic surgeon in check that the world can't guarantee 20/20 vision. Similar to any eye laser surgical treatment, results are as private as each client. Be careful of any physician who assures 20/20 vision.
If you feel like you're getting a hard sell, you most likely are. You're not buying a car; this is real LASIK eye surgical treatment.
9. If your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 approximately, implantable lenses will probably offer better vision than LASIK. Consider waiting till the new lenses are offered. Ask your doctor about them and other current advances.
10. While you investigate, don't lose sight of the advantages: for the majority of people, a lifetime of bad pop over to these guys vision can be cured in 5 minutes. LASIK eye surgery has actually improved the eyesight of countless individuals worldwide.